Rosemary Maple Nuts
These sweet & savoury nuts have been one of our holiday gifting favourites for years. Up until now we have not shared the recipe for fear of loosing our leverage over some of our dear friends (Tammi & Dave...) but alas it is the season for giving so here it is our prize winning Maple Rosemary Roasted Nuts... bet you can't eat just one!
YEILD - 9 jars (500 ml)
PREP TIME -
10 cups of raw nuts (we like almonds, walnuts and pecans)
1 cup of Ghee
1/2 cup real Maple Syrup
1/2 cup Maple Sugar
1 cup fresh Rosemary
1/4 cup Himalayan Pink Salt
Optional - 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on how spicy you like things)
1. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, toast the nuts over medium heat, stirring frequently so that they don’t burn.
2. In a small saucepan, melt Ghee and Maple Syrup together. Once melted, add Rosemary (and Cayenne if you are choosing to go this route)
3. When the nuts are toasted (when the vast majority have darkened spots), pour the Ghee mixture over the nuts and toss to coat.
4. Add Maple Sugar and salt,b tossing again to coat.
5. Spread the glazed nuts out on a parchment lined cookie sheet (makes for far easier clean up) and roast in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on how hot your oven runs. Keep an eye, the already roasted nuts with this much sugar are quick to burn
6. Let them cool completely before transferring into jars
Be sure to package these babies up quickly they tend to go fast when left out on the counter!
These sweet and savoury nuts are perfect to throw out during any holiday party!