This vitamin rich, high fibre & protein granola is perfect for gifting anytime of year!
YEILD - 6 jars (500 ml)
PREP TIME - 40 minutes
1 & ½ cup quinoa
1 cup chia seeds
1 cup shaved raw almonds
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
½ cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup raw walnuts, coarsely chopped
2 cup shredded coconut
2 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup dried apricots, chopped
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup coconut oil, melted
½ cup hemp husks
*Everything in this recipe is organic, we recommend always using organic when possible in all of our recipes
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Mix all dry ingredients with your hands *be prepared to get chia seeds under your nails ;)
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Combine coconut oil and maple syrup in a small saucepan and warm over a low heat.
5. Pour about half of the coconut oil and maple syrup over dry ingredients in large bowl.
6. Pause and mix, then add the remainder of the liquid. Mix until evenly distributed.
7. Smooth out 50% of the granola mixture onto a parchment paper lined tray.
8. Place in oven, on centre rack, for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Allow granola to sit and cool.
10.Distribute evenly into jars, shaking and tapping the glass to insure the ingredients are packed in, air pockets reduced.
6 - 500ml jars of a delicious and healthy breakfast option that will make anyone on your list cheer! You can store this gift in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.